Star date - 8.7.13.
There's a saying in Spanish that says, "Hace el trabajo mal, lo haces dos veces," which means "Do the job poorly, you'll do it twice." Avoid having to correct a badly done job by doing as much to learn how to do it right the first time. And so, without further ado:
- Why are ridiculously long hours on a movie set the norm and what can we do to correct that?
- What can we learn about filmmaking from Alejandro Jodorowsky?
- What are 7 no-budget post-production tools you can start using today?
- Why do you need to put together a winning team if you want investors to fund your film?
- What can you learn from a "Writer's Room" panel of Breaking Bad creators?
- What can you learn from legendary producer, Randall Emmett? At least, 13 golden rules.
- What are 3 ways filmmakers can adapt to a changing media landscape? Plus 5 (+1 tip I added in the comments section) to break into the film industry.
- And if you've ever doubted whether or not to make a trailer for your short... Don't.