Star date: 8.5.13
Congress goes into recess in August but we in the film world never stop writing, reading, seeking funds, producing, directing, editing and screening. But even though you're a busy artist-businessperson hybrid, take a moment to ponder the following:
- Will changes in the use of video in social media (like Twitter) have a large impact on entertainment and how it will be made?
- No one likes to think about this, but you're going to die one day and you should have a will to leave behind to distribute to your loved ones... things like the money in your account, your comic book collection, your library of intellectual property and any future residuals/royalties. So don't be like these 5 celebrities...
- Would you get this camera now that it's dropped to $2000? Compared to this 6K RED? Or the 7D with Magic Lantern RAW Video?
- Now that you've probably moved on from FCP to Adobe Premiere Pro, want to know some shortcuts?
- Ever wondered how a low-budget movie got a famous actor to act in it and how you can do it too? And while you're in casting mode, watch this, coming soon on HBO, and learn how one of the best casting directors did it.
- You know there is money to be made in comic book adaptations but Marvel and DC aren't the only game in town, non-mainstream comics make money too...
- Is Hollywood weakening its movies by aiming for a global audience?
- And is it time to address telecommunications legislation after Time Warner Cable shut out CBS? Max Ehrenfreund seems to think so. Good luck getting a Congress to address this issue when they can't even pass a proper farm bill.