PRODUCTION JOURNAL: Karlovy-Vary Film Festival 2015 Round-Up
The Karlovy Vary Festival is one of the oldest in the world and has become Central and Eastern Europe’s leading film event.
Here are 2015's winners:
Crystal Globe Winner (Grand Prix)
- Bob and the Trees (USA, France) – director, Diego Ongaro
- Bob and the Trees is a 2015 verite drama film that won the Crystal Globe at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival. Shot in The Berkshires, Bob and the Trees follows farmer and logger Bob Tarasuk (played by himself), his son and business partner Matt (Matthew Gallagher), and Bob's wife Polly (Polly MacIntyre) as they work to earn money during winter. The film, Diego Ongaro's feature-length directorial debut, premiered in the noncompetitiveNext section of the 2015 Sundance Film Festival in January 2015, where it was met with warm critical reception.
- According to the website, "Bob and the Trees is proud to be one of the first feature films shot on the Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera."
- No Film School - A massively in-depth interview with DPs Chris Teague and Danny Vecchione
- x96 - Video interview with the cast and crew during Sundance
- Boston Magazine - Diego discusses how his shooting style provides the freedom to be surprised by his own storyNPR - Diego talks about getting the call from Sundance
- Stark Insider - discusses the film's use of the Black Magic Pocket Camera
Special Jury Prize ($15,000)
Best Director Award
No Trailer found
Best Actress Award
Best Actor Award
Best Documentary Film